Monday, February 15, 2016

Late Valentine's Day Post

Let's pretend I'm posting this on February 14. 


I did a lot of printmaking this past week, which was amazing. In the spirit of love and friendship, I made these cards with a linoleum print. 

In more serious printmaking matters, I have been making progress in my hourglass print! There is still quite a ways to go, however. I have the first plate carved here:


This will be the last part I print, black, on top of silver for the hourglass, as well as reds, green, and blue for the black hole and other celestial objects. I'm currently carving the second plate, which will be a reduction print containing all those lovely colors. I will try my best to document the process. I have given myself a bit of a tricky project, and I will be learning a lot, but I'm really looking forward to it! 

Lastly, I will share one of my favorite paintings so far from my figure painting class. This class, by the way, has really been kicking by butt. We've been doing a self-portrait a day! I am a super slow painter, and I'm not used to busting out pallets and paint very regularly, so it's been quite a challenge. I know it's for our own good, and we'll come out as better artists in the end, but jeez it's been terrible! These portraits have been taking over my life.




Until next week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment