Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Almost Spring Break!

Happy Tuesday!

Yes, I have fallen behind on my blogging, and yes, it's because I've been busy (like that's news!). But this weekend was particularly crazy, I had a project due on Monday that I thought I could finish by Saturday afternoon, so I went out with friends, planned to go hiking, took lot's of breaks. And then one of those "you know you're in college when" movements happens, the live-in-the-library, eat-from-the-vending-machine, no-time for-showers sort of moments. There was some crying and screaming, some thoughts of dropping out of school to become a beach bum, but in the end I got the project done. And even though it's not my best work, I'm pretty proud of it. I taught myself how to use Photoshop and I learned a lot. I never want to go through that again, so I'm trying to pick my battles more carefully for the rest of the semester. 

I will upload nice picture of those soon! I have InDesign CS4 at home, and at school we us CC, and they're not compatible because Adobe likes to be complicated (?). So I'll have to turn my InDesign files into normal photos--JPG and such--at school. 

In the mean time let's look at what I've been doing in the past couple of weeks. Here are some prototype posters I'm making in a typography class. I know I never mention this class, and that's because so far we have not done anything remotely interesting in it. 

 



Please click on the pictures so you can actually see them. This is a project is about creating a promotional poster for an art show that took place decades ago and for some reason this has turned int a typography/graphic design project for art students everywhere. Art school, go figure! 

Here is the final final portrait I did in the style of Gabrielle Munter, an expressionist painter. I'm very happy with it, the colors are really fun!


And here is my final astronomy print. Unfortunately I had some trouble with it. Perhaps there were too many colors piled up on top of each other, perhaps I hurried while I was carving, perhaps I printed on wet ink, or perhaps I have somehow angered the printmaking gods. The last color I printed, dark blue, did not completely cover up the yellows and red I had printed first, thus, giving outer space a green tinge on one side and a purple blog on the other. Outer space is not green! I was so sure it would be OK, but alas, I was wrong. All I can do now is move on--and maybe scan it and try to fix it with my new Photoshop skills. . .




That's it for now, promise I'll be back soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment