Monday, October 5, 2015

Inktober: I'm a bit late for the race.

     Today a friend of mine mentioned InkTober, something I had not yet heard about. It is a worldwide artistic challenge for artists with a few simple rules. 

1.) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it on your blog (or tumblr, instagram, twitter, facebook, flickr, Pinterest or just pin it on your wall.)

3) Hashtag it with #inktober
4) Repeat  

     It was started by artist Jake Parker (Website: http://mrjakeparker.com/about) to inspire artists to challenge themselves and improve their skills. 

     I have never done an artistic challenge before, but now that I have this blog I figured it'd be a fantastic way to start out (and an excuse to get some supplies at the art store). This is going to be a little tough in the middle of midterms, but I'm determined. 

     Here is my first drawing for #inktober.



Til tomorrow! 

Di



No comments:

Post a Comment